The 8 Interior Items That Buyers REALLY Notice
- Buyers take special notice of light & bright homes. Buy high-intensity light bulbs and be sure to clean all light shades and covers.
- Buyers notice especially clean homes. Do a "spring cleaning" throughout... no matter what the season is. Give special attention to the following: windows and screens, counter and appliance tops, mirrors, ovens, sinks, toilets and tub/ shower areas.
- Buyers notice clean windows, freshly laundered drapes & curtains.
- Buyers notice freshly cleaned carpets and waxed floors. Replace or repair damaged areas of the floor or floor covering.
- Buyers notice spacious rooms; arrange furniture and decorations to improve each room. Remove unnecessary items that don't fit in.
- Buyers notice colors that will blend with their decor and furnishings. Consider brightening things up with a fresh coat of paint. Think white, off-white or beige. Such colors make a room look bigger and brighter, and these colors are most likely to go with the new buyer's furnishings.
- Buyers notice closet & cabinet space. Neatly arrange everything in your closets, cabinets and other storage areas including the basement and garage. Get rid of all unnecessary items.
- Buyers pay attention to tiny details. Fix all of the "little things"... loose door knobs, leaky faucets, towel racks, clean and repair caulk areas.