5 Key Items To Minimize Unpleasant Surprises
When Selling Your Home
- Independent appraisal... by a licensed appraiser.
- Preliminary title report... will inform a homeowner of any liens that might be on the property.
- Inspection by local municipal building inspector( s)... to advise of any building code or zoning violations.
- Home Inspection... having a licensed home inspector complete a professional home inspection will assist you, the homeowner, in making sure all mechanical systems are in good working order. A home in good working order will sell faster than a home in need of repairs.
- Plat of survey... will notify a homeowner and prospective buyer of the actual lot lines of the property and will indicate any encroachments to the property.